As Inspector René Descartes would say, “Bonjour, mes amis!” … I’m not exactly certain what he’d say next—it’s been too long since the glory days of researching The Inquisitor’s Key in Avignon! & even longer since high school French with Mademoiselle LaFlamme (oh la la, those mini-jupes she wore). But I digress … I always digress …
Lemme guess: You’re not here solely to admire my stunning good looks in the photo on the left. You’re also here for the giveaway contest! Good timing. In anticipation of the May 8, 2012 release of The Inquisitor’s Key, I’m sponsoring a giveaway of the new novel to reward each and every one of you who downloaded and read the e-story prequel entitled Madonna and Corpse. We hope you had as much fun reading it as I did—well, honestly—when I pressed SAVE for the last time, then stood up feeling accomplished and went to get a cold beer from the fridge. (Sure, I said it: I, Mr. Bones, actually write all the novels, not Jon and Bill! They just sat back and drank all the beer in my fridge, apparently. Just as well...I don’t have the stomach for alcohol these days. Seems to go right through me…)
Now wait a minute. I sense that some of you are thinking, “I haven’t downloaded and read Madonna and Corpse, but I want to win The Inquisitor’s Key!” Wait a doggone minute. If you have not already downloaded and read Madonna and Corpse, do NOT go bananas. I’ve come up with a two-step plan to remedy this situation and thus save yourself from a complete breakdown.
- Click the following link to download Madonna and Corpse (99 cents – how can you lose?!?) from the e-retailer of your choice.
- Start reading!
Pretty simple, right?
(If you don't own an e-reader, once again do NOT go bananas. You can download this free Kindle app for your PC & read Madonna and Corpse right on your home computer!)
Below you’ll find the questions for this literary treasure hunt. Read Madonna and Corpse, find the correct answers, then email your answers to JeffersonBassBookGiveaway@hotmail.com. We’ll choose the winners on May 7, 2012.
But wait! You can also score extra points! These points will be factored in when we choose the winners. Wanna know how to score?
- Share the Jefferson Bass Facebook page on your Facebook Wall & ask—no—command your friends to LIKE us.
- Follow @Jefferson_Bass on Twitter.
- Write a review of Madonna and Corpse (And any other Body Farm novel):
- On Amazon
- On Barnes and Noble
- On Goodreads
- or any other e-retailer!
- NOTE: You can copy & paste the same review into as many places as you want -- Double, triple, or quadruple your extra points!
- Leave a comment on the guest blogs we’re posting on our Blog Tour 2012! For instance, this one from today. Go to the actual blog itself and post a comment! If you really want to get crafty and comment on every blog from the first to last, here's the blog tour schedule.
- What did the thief/thieves steal?
- What couple does Descartes describe as possessing “movie-star good looks”?
- How long ago was it that Dubois “bought the farm”?
- Rumor has it that Kensington’s net profit from the sale of the three unsigned Caravaggio studies was how much?
- Who is Jack Woods?
- What sort of new case will Descartes soon be working on?
- Are you excited about The Inquisitor’s Key!?!
Thanks for playing along. We'll choose the winners on May 7, 2012. Good luck & Happy Reading!